2nd person of the Godhead? Who are the 1st and 3rd? I know what your answer is going to be but again these statements just like God-man, human and divine, God Incarnate…etc. are all man made and no prophet or apostle spoke like this. In fact, let me take a somewhat different approach…
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.
– If the Apostles (who were all present) believed that Jesus was human and divine,
God – man, God incarnate, 2nd person in the Godhead, he would’ve said that. But no he said what the Ethiopian eunuch said…
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD.
Acts 8:37 KJV
– Again not all this other stuff that church have declared Jesus to be. Let’s read…
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar–jona:
– Brothers and sisters, please notice Jesus didn’t correct Peter by saying what we say
NO PETER YOU’RE ONLY SEEING THE FLESH SIDE OF ME BUT YOU’RE MISSING THE GOD SIDE, NO PETER I’M THE 2ND PERSON IN THE GODHEAD, NO PETER I’M GOD INCARNATE…ETC.
– Modern day church speaks like that. But Jesus said Peter was blessed and closed the case by letting Peter know that who he says Jesus is is the right revelation FROM THE FATHER. Not from the 2nd side of his dual nature. But God gave him the right revelation! And upon that RIGHT faith is how Jesus will build his church.
Matthew 16:15-18 KJV
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Now let’s compare this revelation with what Paul said to Timothy. One revelation cannot contradict the other my brothers and sisters.
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
And without controversy GREAT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS:
– The mystery is not God becoming a man. This teaching completely contradicts the revelation (mystery revealed) to Peter. The mystery Paul is speaking of is OUR ABILITY TO LIVE GODLY through the spirit, which Jesus did as our perfect example.
Acts 10:36-38 tells us Jesus did receive the Holy Ghost and that God was WITH him. Not God was him. Lets read…
- God was manifest in the flesh, – how? By becoming a man? No.
But by filling that man with the holy ghost and that man denying his own will and submitting his will to the father showing us that we can do it too. THAT’S THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS!
- justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- There’s no way anyone can tell me that the Apostles taught that God was justified in the spirit. Jesus was justified in the spirit. Jesus was seen of angels. Jesus was preached…Jesus was believed on…Jesus was received up…
Again, if the mystery that Paul is revealing to Timothy is that God became a man, then that revelation completely contradicts Peter’s revelation which Jesus said was right, just the way Peter said it. No more. No less.
Regarding John 14:9, 20:28
Then it also must of contradicts what Jesus said unto Philip, when you have seen me you have seen the Father,
- You actually substantiate the point my brother. Jesus didn’t say when you see me you see a dual nature, human and divine, God incarnate…etc. He said you see the Father and explains what he meant (verse 10) when he said it so we don’t have to assume what he meant or read our thoughts into his words. You and I both know it was prophesied that the Father would perform many works in Christ (i.e. verse 10 he doeth the works) but none say he would be Christ. … So he was referring to the works and not his nature.
John 5:36, John 10:24-38
But also by Thomas, when Jesus showed Thomas by asking him to put his finger into his side and the nail holes in his hand Thomas didn’t reply but just this way,
He replied (MY LORD ) AND MY GOD) NOW HERE WE DON’T FIND JESUS SAYING NO SIR, THOMAS YOU’RE WRONG FOR CALLING ME LORD AND GOD, as a matter of fact he didn’t say to Thomas your wrong now did he?
- No he didn’t correct Thomas because Thomas had it right. Just like when he was there when Peter had it right along with the rest. My Lord “the man Jesus Christ” and my God “the Father in the man Jesus Christ”. No contradiction or need for correction. Jesus confirms this with his NON BELIEVERS in John 8. Lets read…
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I AM NOT ALONE, but I and the Father that sent me.
See? No dual nature. No God incarnate but Jesus plainly states I AM NOT BY MYSELF. There’s someone else here with me. Who is that Jesus?
“The Father that sent me”. Not the Father who is me. Then he refers to the law that states…
It is also written in your law, that THE TESTIMONY OF TWO MEN is true.
Not the testimony of a dual nature but the testimony of TWO. One plus one.
- Jesus, please tell us who these TWO witnesses are when we see you.
I AM ONE that bear witness of myself, AND THE FATHER that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:16-18 KJV
Regarding Philippians 2
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
- Jesus didn’t have to rob God for his equality with God. God gave him his authority and the scripture explains that it’s understood that all things would be subject to Christ EXCEPT GOD. (1 Corinthians 15:27-28) This is not idolatry. We don’t worship Christ as God because he’s not God nor is he a god.
He’s been highly exalted BY GOD as our Lord. It’s in your bible too my brother.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
- and guess who gets the glory?
to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:6, 9-11 KJV
Regarding Ephesians 4:4-6
There is ONE body (the church), and one Spirit (the Holy Ghost), even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord (Jesus), one faith (the doctrine of Christ), one baptism (in Jesus name), ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(See God is not Jesus and Jesus is not God. God is the Father of all including Jesus)
Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV
SOURCE: Gregory L Quick Jr