What follows are three posts where Michael Buhay Junior proclaims the truth of the doctrine that:
there is solely One God, the Father;
and Jesus the Messiah is the Father’s human (now immortalized) Son.
Firstly, this post contains a series of questions that Buhay published in 2012 which caused him to question the doctrine of the trinity.
The second post contains an article written by him titled “God is not a Trinity”
The third post contains a link to a 15-minute video, in which Buhay proclaims the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.
Part 1) PLEASE HELP –
I sincerely want to believe that Jesus is God!
A recent discussion became centered around the orthodox Christian belief that Jesus is God. I no longer believe that and it has alienated me from almost all Christians and churches alike. I was most recently accused of having an anti-christ spirit. I WANT THE TRUTH! Please, if you believe wholeheartedly that Jesus is God then provide me with some reasonable answers to the following questions that I am struggling with. Thanks in advance for your help!
1. If Jesus is God and obviously God can’t stop being God, then how could Jesus be God when he is flesh and bone and he, himself, said that God is spirit (John 4:24)?
2. If Jesus is God and God CANNOT be tempted by evil, how could Jesus be God if he was tempted by evil?
3. If God is perfect and God can’t stop being God, then how could Jesus be God if he HAD TO BE MADE perfect?
4. If God is an all-knowing God and God can’t just stop being God, then how could Jesus be God if he had to grow in wisdom (Luke 2:40) and did not know the day or hour of his return?
5. If God is immortal, which means that he CANNOT die, then how could Jesus be God the Son if he died?
6. Can the ONE and ONLY true God have a God? My answer would have to be, no.
THEN, how can Jesus be God if he affirmed over and over again that he does have a God?
(See John 20:17 and Rev. 3:12)
7. Is a son EVER the same being as his father? Is a father ALWAYS older than his son?
Now obviously God understands these facts about a father/son relationship, so why wouldn’t he choose more appropriate relational terms to describe his relationship with Jesus if, in fact, Jesus is the same eternal being?
8. If God is ONE being with ONE will and Jesus is that one God, then who’s will did Jesus want done when he prayed, “not my will, but thine be done.”?
9. In 1 Corinthians 15:24 Jesus is seen handing over the kingdom to THE God and Father. How can Jesus be God and still hand the kingdom over to God?
10. Why did Jesus pray to, and call, his Father the ONLY true God, (John 17:3) if Jesus is God also?
11. Why did Paul identify the Father as the Christians’s ONE God if Jesus is God also? (1 Cor. 8:6)
12. Why did the apostle Peter declare that the risen Jesus was a MAN whom GOD WORKED THROUGH, if, in fact, Jesus was God? (Acts 2:22)
13. Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, declares that God has appointed A MAN (the Lord Jesus) to judge the world in Acts 17:30-31. Why does God call Jesus a MAN if he is, in fact, God?
14. In questions 6, 10, and 11 we saw that Jesus’ God is his Father and that Paul said that the Christian’s God was the Father also.
If Jesus and his disciples believed that the Father alone was the one true God, why do Christians today believe in a 3-person, or triune God?
15. Is it idolatry to believe in a different God than Jesus believed in?
These questions cause me to doubt the validity of the teaching that Jesus is God and that God is a trinity.
Any help from the Christian brotherhood in answering these questions would greatly be appreciated. …